Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's been a little while since I've posted anything new. I am encouraged by the many responses I've received, though.
I've been dealing with my situation in a somewhat successful manner. My situation involves my small son, of course, and will differ from others. What I basically do is make sure my son knows that I love him and tell him so. I spend most every weekend with him. I make sure to say nothing at all about my opinion of his mother and let him draw his own conclusions. I spend a decent amount of money buying him clothing, toys and things that he needs, regardless of what I already pay his mother. And, I also give his mother extra money, in addition to the 1,102 I already give her every month, for things concerning Loren. You could say I am buying good will from his mother; a form of manipulation, in itself. The thing is, it's working!
I know that not everyone can afford, or may even desire, to do this. In my case it has literally bought me good will and calm relations with his mother so that the stress is much less on my son. This is my primary goal, above all else.
Some may think I am, in a sense, trying to beat her at her own game. I like to believe that I am beating her by "not playing her game." The end result is that my son looks forward to spending time with me every weekend and does not look forward to leaving for his mothers. Once again, I am not saying anything to influence his opinion. I simply make sure we enjoy our time together and keep the stress level down to a minimum.
Again, I realize everyones situation is different. The human condition, and all its myrid dynamics, will never be perfect. And, I will always harbor some ill feelings about my situation. We simply deal with it as best we can and enjoy life to the fullest extent possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am asking for advice..if you had to do it over again what would you have done differently? I have recently become aware that I have been married to a SP for 16 years. I made a decision 3 months ago to get out. We have three children which are affected by this man. I am afraid of not knowing if he would hurt us. His temper/anger is getting worse because I do not allow myself to get emotionally involved with him and therefore he cannot manipulate me anymore and its really pissing him off. I am scared and I feel I need to tell someone in my family but I feel they will not believe me. Can you give me some light on any of this?