Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The struggle for my child against his sociopathic mother has entered a new stage, now that I've had my interview with the Guardian Ad Litem (GAL).
I'd been told all along that petitioning for and hiring a GAL was still no guarantee of getting a fair shake in court. the GAL brings their own biases and assumptions to the process, just as the judges and commissioners do. You could get a GAL that is traditional in her thinking that only the mother is capable of caring for and nurturing a child. Or, you could get someone that is up to date on current parenting practices and realizes that many fathers are assuming the role of caring for children, especially when the mother is not fit.
During the interview, it was obvious, and openly stated, the GAL assumes both sides are lying in their sworn declarations about each other. I informed the GAL that my attorneys have always told me to tell the truth to the best of my knowledge and recollection. During most of the process it has even seemed to my detriment to tell the truth while the other party has been telling the most horrific lies about me. Still, after this is all over and done with, I will have retained my self respect. Although, it will make no difference to a sociopath whether they lie or who they hurt with their fabrications.
The GAL was even able to clarify some of my first courtroom experiences. During my very first appearance in court, it was before a Commissioner by the last name of dickey. I felt at the time I was being treated like a criminal and that she had assumed the sociopaths statements were true. The GAL informed me the commissioner was a "man hater" and that they also do not like attorneys from the adjoining county representing people in their county. As a result, both myself and my attorney were discriminated against in the courtroom. I went into this situation being idealistic about the justice system. Now, I'm definitely cynical about justice being blind.
Anyhow, the primary accomplishment with the GAL was she agreed to word her recommendation to suggest psychological evaluations for both parties, should we not be able to settle out of court. Now, I assume, it only remains to attend the mandatory settlement conference and inform them I want the psychological evaluations performed. Although, I have to check with my attorney and it may be possible to get the process started earlier. Once again, I will have to play the waiting game and be patient with this slow, tedious, process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating this blog. Sociopaths are truly life-wrecking creatures of which surprisingly few have a real understanding. I am an emotionally strong male, 30, who just had a horrible experience in a job situation where i became economically dependent on a sociopathic employer after entering into a "gentlemans agreement" hah!.
About lying awake at nights, double bolting the doors and having the local police phone numbers on speed dial I have not yet told anyone. Friends and family I have explained my situation to do not believe me, or at least not even come close to understanding me. Understanding that sociopaths actually exist, in the workplace and in family life, is truly a uniqe and scary unsight. Legal means must be strengthened and it should be made easy to demand a psychological profiling exercise (i.e. testing brain activity reactions to pictures of cruelty - which I believe is a quite accurate measure of basic compassion). I'm suffering under frequent violent fantasies .. wanting to put an ultimate end to this monsters abuses - which I saw included the cynical, conscious and systemic humiliation and abuse of his powerless import-wife victim. It's like realizing that vampires exist ... nobody would believe me... The worst part is that they can be so cunning and strategic in their ventures (whether by instinct, experience or intelligence I don't know), and that they can thrive so on the feeling of power which comes from humiliating and controlling other people. To those reading this without previous sociopath experience - be very scared, you could be next. The really scary thing is that I am considered intelligent and resourceful by those around me, and I also see myself in this way. This may add to people having dificulties believing my story. But I can testify that this can happen to anyone - and seeing the sociopath for what he/she is, will make you the target of their efforts to discredit you - for your self as well as for others. And they are so good at it.