Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm at the stage of conferencing with the Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) I petitioned for to represent my son. This is one of the last hopes I have of ensuring my son has a "normal" future as a child and later as an adult. I say this because Martha Stout stated " most of her patients had difficulties as a result of their contact with Sociopaths." All I can do is appeal to the GAL's sense of representing the best interest of the child and request psychological testing to verify his mother is a Sociopath. It seems simple and a fairly reasonable request, but many people do not realize Sociopaths are among us on a daily basis. It's hard for someone with normal emotions to imagine someone else having no empathy for others.
For those of you wanting to find out more about Sociopaths and the resources needed to deal with them, there is a wonderful website with many links that can be helpful. It's at www.sociopathnextdoor.com Another good site is PSYCHOPATH@groups.msn.com. There are many good links there, depending on specific needs. I found both these sites well after I first began the process of fighting the Sociopath and wish I'd had some of the information earlier. My whole idea behind this blog is to assist others before they suffer the same fate I have and I will continue to list resources as I find them.

No comments: