Tuesday, February 07, 2006

As the legal system plods on, it is very difficult to be patient. My waiting may be starting to pay off. The Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) recommended I get almost 50 percent time with my child, which my childs mother was quick to calculate may reduce the additional income she gets from me by 300 dollars. She quickly objected to this and stated it was because of the monitary losses she would suffer. My attorney picked up on this like a vulture on dead meat. He was almost estatic in saying it indicated she was only concerned about the money and not my child. I've been telling him this all along, of course. So, perhaps this will prove a turning point in my luck. Since the mother objected, we go to court with the GAL now and the GAL will put her recommendations in front of the Judge. I've been told all along the Judge will almost always follow the GAL's recommendations. So I may just get the time with my son I should have had all along. We'll wait and see before I count it a done deal.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Kudos to you for sharing your experience to educate others about the sociopaths that live among us. One thing victims seem to have in common is their overwhelming need to warn others about the behavior to prevent someone from experiencing the pain.

You were targeted because of your morals and values. No one can take those away from you.

Catherine said...

Kudos to you for sharing your experience to educate others about the sociopaths that live among us. One thing victims seem to have in common is their overwhelming need to warn others about the behavior to prevent someone from experiencing the pain.

You were targeted because of your morals and values. No one can take those away from you.